When it comes to orthodontics, there really is no-one better to give you the verdict on which treatment is best for you, than your dentist.
However, if you’ve got crowded or misaligned teeth and wish to rectify this, you may have been recommended Invisalign or Six Month Smiles – so how do you know which one is more suited to your needs?
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear, removable aligner which deals used to tackle teeth which are crooked, crowded or have gaps. They are commonly used as a more appealing alternative to traditional braces.
What is Six Month Smiles?
Six Month Smiles are braces made of clear brackets and white wires, used to straighten and align teeth in a more discreet way than traditional braces.
Which is right for me?
Both methods are fantastic ways to improve the appearance of your smile, with the benefit of appearing to not wearing braces at all. However, each one will have particular benefits for certain orthodontic requirements, which will help determine what treatment is more suitable.
Pros for Invisalign
- Aligners can be removed so when it comes to meals, you can eat as normal.
- Their clear appearance means that if you don’t want anyone to know you’re receiving treatment, they won’t!
- As aligners are typically used over a period of 10 – 18 months, the changes are gradual and any discomfort is reduced.
- Can be the preferred method when improving crossbites or overbites.
Pros for Six Month Smiles
- As the braces cannot be removed, like Invisalign aligners, treatment time can be reduced and typically takes between 4 and 9 months to complete.
- Similarly, as they cannot be removed by the patient, there is less room for error, as many Invisalign patients may forget to place aligners back in after eating.
- The braces are clear and white in colour meaning discretion is a benefit for this treatment.
- Six Month Smiles can be the preferred method for sever overcrowded teeth, which Invisalign may not be able to wholly correct.
The two treatments are excellent for correcting orthodontic issues, but a consulation with your dentist will help you put this into action.
Ollie and Darsh are Platinum Elite Providers of Invisalign and have completed more than 650 Invisalign cases since launching. We are also highly experienced in Six Month Smiles and have been given the title of Mentor in this field due to our level of experience and expertise.