Often described as a ‘gummy smile’, an uneven gum line occurs when excessive gum tissue shows above the teeth when you smile, making the teeth appear shorter. Here at Ollie & Darsh, we offer an expert gum contouring service to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.Book a free consultation
What Causes a Gummy Smile?
Gummy smiles can be caused by a number of different factors, including:
- Teeth that haven't erupted properly, meaning that they’re partially obscured by gum tissue
- A hyperactive upper lip that causes us to show a lot of the gum line when we smile
- An upper lip that is too short, therefore exposing more gum tissue
- Long gums - this is referred to as gingival hypertrophy
- A condition known as vertical maxillary excess, which causes the gums to bulge out
- Genetics - sometimes we can inherit teeth that are too small in comparison to the gums
How Can you Fix a Gummy Smile?
Here at Ollie & Darsh, your confidence is our priority. If you’re unhappy with the amount of gum that shows when you smile, we can fix it for you with a cosmetic procedure called gum contouring.
What does the Procedure Involve?
- The first step in transforming your smile with gum contouring is a consultation at our calming and relaxed practice. Our professional team will talk you through your options and, if you decide on gum correction treatment, we’ll arrange a date for your procedure.
- On the day of your appointment, we’ll make you feel comfortable by applying a local anaesthetic. Once you’re ready to begin, we will gently remove any excess gum tissue to reveal more of your teeth and sculpt a beautiful gum line.
- Gum contouring is a relatively quick procedure, and once it’s done you can retreat to the comfort of your home and relax for the rest of the day.
Bring back your confidence with Ollie & Darsh’s gum treatment process! We pride ourselves on making you feel back to your best. Don’t just take it from us though, listen to Gaynor and how its helped bring her back to herself!